Cheryl is a seasoned executive with more than 35 years of real estate, healthcare business, and management consulting experience. Having served in a senior leadership capacity for 15 years with a local health system, she led business development & market expansion initiatives. In this capacity Cheryl was responsible for strategic planning, real estate acquisition, land asset management & development, facility planning and construction project management for key installations, along with marketing communications and public relations. She has had oversight responsibility for more than $42M of commercial & residential real estate transactions, facility planning, and construction including the feasibility, architectural, & construction planning for the greenfield $24M Big Sky Medical Center. Additionally, Cheryl led the development team for a 55+ subdivision and $46M in infrastructure and vertical construction, along with managing land-use master planning projects and numerous real estate lease transactions for the corporation. She has owned and leased personal and vacation rental real estate while living in Bozeman & Big Sky for more than 20 years. Her investment property experience led to POA management & board experience. Since its founding in 2016, Cheryl has been an owner and member of Stay Montana, LLC, a vacation rental management company, and its affiliate company IPM, LLC, where she spearheads commercial and association property management. Cheryl has served on numerous community boards, including the City of Bozeman Economic Development Council since its inception in 2011, and has a passion for advancing economic initiatives to strengthen and improve our region and community. With her decades of marketing experience, Cheryl will leave no stone unturned to sell your property, identify options and alternatives to benefit her client’s real estate projects, and find your ideal new real estate investment.
- Decades of marketing experience – Cheryl has extensive marketing expertise that she brings to every engagement to successfully position the owner’s property in a competitive market place for the best possible return on investment. She will leave no stone unturned to sell your property, identify options and alternatives to benefit your real estate projects, and find your ideal new real estate investment. Cheryl is professionally trained in market research and applies that knowledge to sourcing data and information for the benefit of each client’s real estate transaction so buyers and sellers can make educated, informed decisions.
- Land development expertise – Cheryl has a deep understanding and working knowledge of land development, including navigation of municipal subdivision requirements and processes. She has decades’ long experience with commercial and residential construction project management from feasibility analysis and planning through vertical construction. Her work in economic development provides an understanding of the synergies of real estate site selection, neighborhood development, and the overall contributions of each to create and maintain a vibrant community where people desire to live, work, and play. Cheryl has experience working with the community, business, municipality & government leaders in Bozeman, Big Sky, Belgrade, and throughout the greater Gallatin Valley region.
- Focus on spaces & places for diverse needs – Cheryl embraced the role of universal design in creating beautiful and functional living environments to enhance lifestyles of all ages and generations. This became instrumental in her work to obtain her CAPS education & supported her efforts with active adult subdivision planning. With a forward-thinking mindset, she can help clients plan for future transitions.
- Loves where she lives, works, & plays – Cheryl loves the concept of ‘cocooning’. As a full time working mom & executive for decades she knows the importance of finding and creating home and work environments that can be soothing, energizing, and rejuvenating to match today’s lifestyles. She loves matching a client’s life and work style with a home’s functionality and location to create a favorite haven for each inhabitant.
- Creative experience marketing approach– Cheryl has enjoyed working with owners to stage properties and create ‘memory spaces’ to showcase homes listed for sale and generate a top of mind awareness with prospective buyers.
- Skilled negotiator – Cheryl has facilitated corporate and small business transactions for more than 35 years. She is a natural mediator and a key to her business success is understanding the needs and preferences of all parties and then identifying winning and workable solutions for the mutual benefit of all.
Education & Certifications:
Cheryl received a Bachelor of Science degree in Public Administration and Social Services from West Liberty University in WV, and obtained Professional Teaching Certification from Central Connecticut State University School of Graduate Studies. She obtained her CAPS [Certified Aging in Place Specialist] designation from the National Association of Home Builders in 2013. Cheryl received her real estate license in 2018 and joined ERA Landmark Real Estate as a Sales Associate. She has completed the ERA Distinctive Properties certification. Cheryl is a member of the National, Montana and Gallatin Association of Realtors and the Big Sky Country Multiple Listing Service.